Thursday 5 May 2011

Trip over

Rupert Elder won EPT San Remo 2011!

Ship it! HOLLA!



So to make things even better, he and Max chopped HU and I had a great day. Totally surreal. I cashed for 75k euros from the boys combined, thanks to Rup having like 2-1 CL when it went down. For most of the day though (untill i got tipsy) it kinda just felt like I'd won $5k or something. I guess 12th place in EPTs does to you.

Most of my joy came from Rup winning, and now going 'big time'! As one of my closest friends in poker, I am so pleased to see him win a major title. I'm also super pleased for Max with his back to back 2nds. Obviously a very impressive feat, and lots of money! Finally congrats to Xuan who came 3rd. I met her mid way through the tounrament, the 4 of us hanging after then end of the later days of the tournament. She's very good in Italy!


For now I am back in London till Vegas. I'm over travelling right now and need the month off to prepare for the summer. I will probably be grinding large volumes though before then, as SCOOP is on from Sunday and I'd really like to produce big scores online. Working hard is the only way to make it happen.

My brother might even be coming to visit for a few days. He's just finishing his last dissertations now, and has no plan post university. He's asked if he can learn poker. He currently has basically zero knowledge, I'm gonna try and give him a crash course in how to learn poker and probably just back him right from the start. I'm not actually sure I approve of him getting into poker, my mother certainly wouldn't, but if he turns out to like it he's definitely smart enough to be playing mid-high stakes poker in a very short period of time. When he was younger he was one of the best online at Ra2 for a while, and was better than me at that point even though I was 4 years older.

Sick brags I'm very close to my Jan 1st target for profit on the year (i think over actually). It was always a rather conservative target, given I just assumed I'd never have a huge score (and still haven't. It's coming though).
Hopefully 2011 is gonna be a huge year for me; I feel like I'm freerolling the next 7 months of action even though I have a reasonable chance of losing chunks back if I just run bad.

Spirits are high tho and I definitely have a lot of momentum right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment