Wednesday 9 November 2011

Skill Games in San Remo

Well I wasn't as excited for this San Remo trip as normal. For a few reasons, the main one being my lack of success live recently.
I hadn't cashed since late June at the WSOP and came into this not playing super good. However 2 "winning" online sessions in a row and I was quite into it. I played reasonably well day 1 of the Main Event, peacefully grinding my way into 60k for day 2. However this was a fustrating day where I wasn't really bringing any heat and busted relatively early.

I kept bringing fire in the sides, making day 2 of the 2.2ke with 22.8k from a 20k starting stack....
In the win the button 330e turbo I vpiped 2 hands, one where I lost 42% of my stack with KK pre and then the last one to bust when I'd just decided to blind out.

On day 2 of the 2.2ke I also busted a 1.1ke with the turbo in the evening. Therefore I bust 3 tournaments in a day. I was thrilled!

A little drained for the final 1.1ke side I almost didn't play but forced myself into it. The 80 total field I think reflects how lethagic everyone was. At the start of the day I was already wishing I hadn't registered.
To sum up day 1, I waited around for a long time, had a 30min heater and ended the day with ~60k from a 10k starting stack. With only 80 runners though, we came back with 12 when 8 paid.
With 11 left I called off a bunch of my stack with TT vs AJ and AK and held on a board similar to 9436ddd when AK had Kd and no other diamonds were dead. I lol'd. This meant I went into the bubble quite big, but my seat draw was bad with 3/4 other best playes left directly to my left, and all with stacks. Everything to my right was short.
I was holding it together, and then 5 handed raised CO with 30bbs, and called a 3bet with KK. Was a pretty bad call in retrospect and I knew it immediately. The opponent bet twice on AxxT and I folded turn. He later revealed he had AK tho! I was definitely freerolling the rest of my tournament and ran good enough to win. We chopped HU and played for 2.5ke instead of the 10k difference.
HU we started even stacked  80bbs deep, but it didn't last long. It defintiely didn't feel like it took more than 40mins. I was very pleased to win and actually put my 2nd ever 1st place onto the Hendon Mob. It also meant I got unstuck for the trip, needing 3rd to breakeven :(

On the IRL front I now live in bayswater! A bit of a struggle getting my shit together for the move, but I managed to move all my stuff from A to B! Of course I realise now that 40% of my things are useless to me; I only hope I can it ebay away.

I still need a desk, and also actually finish unpacking. Mickey has been really good to put up with all my boxes everywhere, although he's probably just happy to have internet!

My week is basically to fully unpack, play the pokerstars.fr FCOOP 100e rebuy on Thursday and then play some live poker Fri/Sat. Sunday I play online obviously, then EPT Loutraki. I wasn't super into this trip, but I have Euros to blast right now. With the Euro dying on our television sets, I might as well get rid of the excess I'm holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment