Thursday 19 May 2011

Nothing to see here

Well pretty much nothing happened in my life this week. Was expecting to be up 100k... or more because why shouldn't I be?
Well. Effort. Since my late post I've played 4 days of online tounrament poker, but only Sunday was a full schedule. 3 of my sessions have just been because of SCOOP turbos. At 10pm GMT it's possible to play a decent 2.5hr period grinding just turbos when there's SCOOP ones. over this period I didn't have much luck, although came 3rd in the ongame 10.15pm turbo and then won it yesterday to put me just above even for the week.

I played PKR Live 1A today, a £750 buyin tournament in Sunny London! It went amazingly bad. I won basically one flip with 9k from a 20k starting stack, and just lost a lot. I ran bad and played bad. I actually think I misadjusted to the whole tournament.I'm a little disappointed by the performance overall, but no need to get all emo about it. Got a massage though so at least I got an errand done.

For now I have only 11 more days in London Town! It includes 2 Sundays and maybe I'll try and play 5 other days. Online poker is really good right now, and I should be taking advantage of it. I haven't really got round to a full session grind. I might even try a 10hr registration period, just to see if I can get into it. Micky swears by the longer session being a lot more profitable, and he's almost probably right. A little stamina tester... some random pre for wsop!

For anyone going to Vegas for 6/7 weeks, it pays to be prepared. Hotels/houses, cars/taxis, money/no money. Yesterday I went to my bank to deposit 20k euros in cash, but couldn't because you need a receipt to prove it isn't drug money or terrorism or something. Either way it's not helping me out any. I need to get a lot of live USD right now, and am currently going online busto trying to get it. Not the worst scenario going into the summer but I'm about to have the least amount of money online that I've ever had. Guess the plan is to just win money and high five the rail.


Right now the NBA playoffs are down to the final 4 teams. It's been pretty exciting. NBA league pass is a little pricey, but definitely a really good way to watch it. I've become a huge fan of it this season, and will definitely be watching next year. They almost could put adverts in, just because what they currently have during time outs is just ludicrous. I wish they had something different, maybe a music video or something. rotate 5 songs during a game or something. please.

Today I'm gonna make a schedule for the next 11 days. I'm all about the errands right now. I've been making lists a lot recently on post it notes.. A trick I've borrowed from queso.Preparation is the precursor to victory after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment